Hypno-Oncology Certification Masterclass (BE)
01/03/2020 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm| €399
- One day course;
- Regular price: €399;
- Early bird price: €299. This price is for the first ten enrollments, if you would like to benefit from this price reduction we advise you to book before the 19th of January;
- Catering included: coffee, tea, water, snacks and free lunch;
- You will receive a digital coursebook (.PDF) and a certificate.
About Garry Coles:
One of only a very small number of hypnotherapists in the UK (and probably Europe) to hold an MSc in Clinical Hypnotherapy. Referred to in the industry as ‘The Hypnotherapist’s Hypnotherapist’ due to the number of hypnotherapists Garry offers treatment, training and mentoring for, Garry also counts numerous Doctors, Psychologists, Psychotherapists and Counsellors amongst his patients (and has taught many of them hypnotherapy) and is seen as the ‘Go To’ hypnotherapist for the more challenging cases from all over the UK (and abroad). Garry is also one of the few hypnotherapists contracted to the NHS for hypnotherapeutic work, he consults on a regular basis at a major hospital specialising in oncology based hypnotherapy work. He also
practises from within a local GP surgery, with the GP’s referring many of the patients directly. In addition, he receives hospital referrals and referrals from many other local GPs and health care professionals.
Garry has over fourteen years of hypnotherapy experience in an oncological setting where he is the resident hypnotherapist in a major hospital offering hypnotherapy treatment for a myriad of cancer related issues. He has received specialist cancer hospital training. He also spent a year imbedded in the hospital’s Breast Cancer Multidisciplinary Team attending weekly meetings with the surgeons and oncology team to discuss cases and treatments.
Garry carried out the first ground breaking UK clinical research project into the effects of pre-surgical hypnotherapy on the recovery quality in breast cancer biopsies. The results were acclaimed and are awaiting publication.
Practising as a full-time therapist for many years, Garry has busy private practices in five locations in London (Harley Street) and the south of the UK. Garry has consulted for over 14 years at a major hospital specialising in oncology based hypnotherapy work. He also practises from within a local GP surgery, with the GP’s referring many of the patients directly. In addition, he receives hospital referrals and referrals from many other local GPs and health care professionals.
Garry was recently elected, for the second time, (by his peers in the industry) to the Hypnotherapy Profession Specific Board (PSB) for the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) where he advises the CNHC on all aspects of hypnotherapy governance and training. He was also part of the team of three who formulated the basic UK curriculum for hypnotherapy training.
Garry is a regular presenter, worldwide, at conferences and conventions, in addition to presenting his own highly acclaimed masterclasses.
What to expect?
Hypnotherapy can be a useful addition in preparing for pre-surgery as well as assisting with post-surgery healing and pain control.
Other common areas experienced such as insomnia, anticipatory nausea, dysgeusia, dietary issues can often be helped with hypnotherapy.
This certification masterclass will give an overview of cancer and the cancer journey, it is essential to understand the process, journey, terminology and treatment being undertaken to be able to communicate effectively with patients and the medical profession.
Common areas that you can successfully work with will be highlighted, and techniques and approaches discussed.
Current research will be examined. You will be shown how to work with the patient to address and help them control their symptoms, (in conjunction with other treatments given).
What will I learn?
The course is an intensive 1 day, there are demonstrations but no time for student practice.
- Introduction, available research & learning outcomes
- Ethics and the law, Four FAST technique interventions
- Overview of cancer, formation, differentiation, grading, staging & progression
- Sub modality techniques, explanation and demonstration
- Hints, Tips & Case studies
- Likely issues, sessions and approaches, Staff/patient communications
- Congruency, Pretalk
- Induction, Release Authoritarian parts/ego state hybrid, NLP Blueprinting explanation and demonstrations
- Hints, Tips & Case studies
- Cancer treatments and working with the side effects, Introduction to pain, Five pain control techniques, Hints, Tips & Case studies
- Using inductions and deepeners with cancer patients
- Hypno-Oncology Script discussion (20 supplied)
- Further pain control (shimmering barrier) demonstration, Pre-surgical hypnosis, Palliative care, Introduction to Psychoneuroimmunology and its relevance to cancer work, Charging and ethics, Further education and research, The future? Looking after you
- The Association of Hypno-Oncology Practitioners
- Hints, Tips & Case studies
Bonus Video Lectures
- Working with cancer patients remotely
- Group session work for cancer patients
- Worldwide ethics considerations with cancer patients
- Association of Hypno-Oncology Practitioners
- Release Pre-Talk
- The use of hypnosis in cancer settings lecture
- Anatomy of a hypnosis research project – bonus lecture
Bonus video demonstrations
- Seven bonus video technique demonstrations
- Over 250 pages of scripts, techniques and course notes
- CPD certificate
And much, much more!
- Access to secret Facebook group for further resources and mentoring
What will I know after this workshop?
– Effectively communicate and work with cancer patients, having an understanding of the physical and psychological aspects of cancer
– Ethically work with cancer patients, knowing what you can legally say and work with.
– Create hypnotherapy treatment plans through having a knowledge of the patients’ cancer journey.
– To provide appropriate psychological support to both patient and carers.
– To assist the patient in controlling their symptoms and side effects.
– Utilise and understand the potential benefits of Psychoneuroimmunology (PNI)
Numerous scripts and techniques will be given and demonstrated along with many ‘real life’ case histories.